Wednesday 3 June 2009

Half Marathon ahoy

Just got back from my first jog in a couple of months, 3.2 miles in about 28 minutes, so not a bad time for me. I am endeavouring to get fit in an effort to take part in the Norwich half Marathon which I think is in November - best check that as quite important as far as training schedules go.

I think 13 miles should be feasible by the time we get to November; however it depends whether or not I can keep up the training. I tend to do more cycling than jogging at the moment, but 'they' say that cross training is a good thing so that's probably okay.

I reckon if I can jog 3 times a week, stepping it up slightly as we get closer to the date, that should do it. We'll see how much pain my legs are in tomorrow morning though. Not thinking about going for the London Marathon as yet even though work are sponsoring it so I could probably get a place. 26 miles just seems far to far to run without severe motivation taking place. I believe the Marathon originated from the Persian invasion of Greece, and an Athenium runner making it all the way back to Athens, only to die of heat stroke when he got back. I'm hoping not to follow in his footsteps exactly, and don't require any invasion based motivation as yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment