Friday 15 May 2009

Funny goings on

It's been a week of funny going's on I reckon.

The expenses debacle seems to have got a bit out of hand. One part of me thinks it's all got a bit silly, and there really are more important things we should be worrying about, whilst the other says MPs should have more scruples. Whilst many of them might not have broken rules they certainly didn't go with the spirit of them. The one that forgot he'd already paid off his Mortgage and was still claiming is a classic. Not sure many people would forget paying off the biggest debt you're ever likely to incur. I wish I'd caught Question Time last night as apparently it was pretty feisty with MPs nearly geting lynched (might not have been a bad thing).

Then again this sort of thing has been going on for centuries I imagine, and is unlikely to stop now, and does it really matter that much in comparison to other things? For example my God Father's son was killed in Afganistan last week, and although I haven't seen my God Father Jim Ross or his son Ben for a long while it really brings things home and makes you think - details here - http://tiny.cc/r26eQ . By all accounts Ben was highly respected and an all round great bloke.

It's been a funny old week at work too, in between projects and waiting for replies on a lot of stuff so have been doing quite a bit of house keeping and helping out with some testing work.

On the plus side quite a good week on the share dealing front - about 10% up on the previous week according to my calculations. Not quite enough to pay of the Mortgage yet though, maybe I should go into politics.

Now it's time for a glass of wine or two. Eurovision party this weekend which should be fun.

Here's some photo's from our Welsh trip - http://tinyurl.com/rb3rft

No comments:

Post a Comment